*YAWN!* GOOD LAWD!...today was a brutal day! I'm extremely exhausted! I didn't sleep well last night. Because we had to be up by 4:30am this morning, I kept worrying about oversleeping...I just drifted in an out of sleep the whole night dreaming weird things. Ashlyn didn't sleep well either. I think it was from all the excitement from the BBQ and having so many aunties, uncles, and Wing (the baby-thief) play with her so much. She had a hard time settling down and would cry out every now and then throughout the night. She got so frustrated at one point that she rolled onto her tummy and started banging her face on the bed. That totally freaked me out. I kept flipping her on her back, but she would just roll right back onto her tummy and pound her face into the mattress. =/
Aric didn't sleep well either...he finished his paper around 2am, but then had a stomach ache or something. So anyhow...you get the jist of last night. This morning, we got up at 4:30am, left for the airport at 5am, and caught our flight at 6:30am. Aric, Ashlyn, and I slept during the entire flight. I completely missed our comlimentary refreshments *darn!* =P

After getting our bags and the car seat from baggage claim. I dropped Aric off at work then headed home. I wanted to crawl into bed and sleep right away, but baby was wide awake and wanted to play. I humored and played with her. She eventually got sleepy and dozed off. We slept from 10am to 1pm. After waking, I fed the baby and went about my regular routine. It took most of the afternoon to upload and resize all the pictures from the long weekend. I also finally got around to setting up Ashlyn's playpen. Though she can't crawl yet, she's learned to get around the room by rolling. This afternoon, she managed to roll over to the fireplace while I ducked into the bathroom for a potty break. It totally spooked me how fast she can get from Point A to Point B! Luckily she likes her new playpen.

Ashlyn and I picked Aric up from work around 6pm. We came home, I fixed dinner, we ate, then Aric continued to study and do homework. I feel really bad for him. He must be WAY tired!!! Ashlyn's in an unusually fussy mood today. She cried for no reason and needed to be held a lot. I watched "Smallville"....the cool thing about picking up on this show late is that I get spend the summer catching up on all the other episodes! Ironically, of all episodes, they aired one that I've seen before. Regardless, it was a good one.

I put Ashlyn down for bed earlier than usual... she didn't seem to mind at all. Today just seemed like an EXTRA LONG DAY! So I'm going to keep this entry short.

Sarah finally got my old digicam into her greedy lil hands! So be sure to check out her site since she took lotsa pictures from yesterday. hehehehe
Oh, speaking of Sarah, check out her cool socks:

Sarah's "Lau Fu Tse" socks! Kickass!

I used to love reading "Lau Fu Tse" comics as a kid. Okay, I didn't actually READ them, since I can't read chinese. But with these comics, you get the idea just by following. It was the best!

Alrighty...I'm going to bed. G'Nite!

Ashlyn playing with Daddy's keyboard

busy typing

Oooh, fun!

Ashlyn's pics of the day

back to journals